Which sleeping position is best for babies?
Which sleeping position is best for babies? It is very difficult to raise and take care of newborn babies. Parents should take great care while caring for a newborn. If your child does not sleep well at night, then he may have many problems. If your child has a habit of waking up frequently while sleeping at night, then it can lead to many problems. It is common for babies to wake up again and again at the age of 6 months, but after this, if the child wakes up again and again in the night, then there can be many reasons behind this. In such a situation, you should carefully notice your baby’s sleeping and waking patterns. Let us know the causes of this problem and ways to prevent it.
How common is it for babies to wake up frequently?
According to experts, it is normal for babies up to 6 months to wake up from sleep repeatedly at night. Children at this age do not sleep very well. Babies usually have a very short sleep cycle by the age of 6 months. During this, children wake up after sleeping for 30 minutes to 50 minutes. But after this age, if children have short sleep even at the age of 1 year or they wake up repeatedly during the night, then it can be a problem. In many children, the problem of waking up frequently during the night can be due to nutrition and health related problems.
Baby Waking Up Frequently Causes
Babies above 6 months of age can have short sleep or wake up frequently in the middle of bedtime. Apart from this, many health conditions can cause this problem in children. Experts believe that nutritional and health-related conditions are responsible for a child’s sleep. Generally, due to these reasons, there is a problem of frequent awakening during sleep in children.
- Due to food and nutrition, many times children may have the problem of waking up again and again during sleep. Children may feel hungry again and again due to not getting enough nutrition. Because of which babies can wake up again and again in the middle of sleep. After six months of age, proper care should be taken of the nutrition of babies. You can also take the advice of an expert or doctor to get rid of this problem. Baby-Waking-Up-Frequently
- Due to abdominal pain, there may be a problem of frequent awakening during sleep in children. Many times the child does not sleep due to gas formation in the stomach or due to digestion related problems.
- Silent reflux can also cause sleep problems in babies. Problems like hiccups, burping in children are symptoms of silent reflux. Because of this, children can wake up from sleep repeatedly during the night. You should immediately consult a doctor if you see the symptoms of silent reflux in children.
Also read: What is considered a very low birth weight?
- The reason for tooth extraction can also be the problem of sleeplessness in children at night. There may be a problem of pain and fever when teething. Because of this, the sleep of the children is affected. After the age of 6 months, the teeth of babies start coming out due to which they can wake up again and again in the middle of sleep.
- Irregular sleep patterns can also lead to frequent awakenings during sleep or short sleep patterns in children. Parents must take care of the sleep patterns of children.
Tips to prevent sleep problems in children
Adequate and good sleep is very important for the good health of any person. Sleep problems are harmful to physical health as well as mental health. Due to sleep problems in children, their development can be affected and they can have many problems. These things should be kept in mind to avoid this problem.
Parents should monitor that the child sleeps for at least 10 hours daily.
Make this a habit of discipline in children, so that they can eat and sleep on time. If this is done, it can help in solving the problem of sleeplessness in children.
Switch off electronics gadgets i.e. avoid gadgets/tabs/games just before the child sleeps.
Feeding or feeding a nutritious and healthy diet can help babies sleep.
Change the environment during the baby’s bedtime.
Use crib beds if children are having trouble sleeping on a normal bed.
Also read: World Sleep Day: Good sleep is necessary to stay healthy, learn from experts important tips for good sleep
By taking care of the above mentioned things, the problem related to sleep in children can be overcome. If your child has a serious habit of waking up frequently in the middle of sleep, then in such a situation a doctor should be contacted.
Baby waking up frequently causes prevention
Why does my baby wake up so frequently?
How can you prevent babies from being awake in the night?
How do I stop my baby waking every hour?
What do you do when your baby wakes up multiple times at night?
Why does my baby suddenly cry hysterically?
Why does my baby wake every 30 minutes?
Which sleeping position is best for babies?
How can I get my baby to sleep longer stretches?
How do you calm a crying baby in 5 seconds?
Why does my 6 month old keep waking up at night?
How do I teach my baby to self settle?
Why baby wakes up at night every hour?