Ramp Agent – Airport – 24250
Location: REGINA, SK, Canada
Posting Start Date: Oct 11, 2019
Posting End Date: Ongoing
In anticipation of future openings, Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) to join our ground handling team at the Regina Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage or freight, or operating complex loading equipment, the Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) play a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
Permanent full-time employment is 40 hours per week and permanent part-time employment can be scheduled for a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 32 hours per week. The current salary is $13.00/hr as per the collective agreement.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
- Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo and passenger baggage.
- On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage.
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours- early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Eligible to work in Canada. If you hold a work permit, it must be valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to attend a 2-4 weeks full time mandatory training.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
ramp agent training, ramp agent salary, how to become a ramp agent, ramp agent interview questions, ramp agent job description resume, working as a ramp agent, ramp agent salary in india, what is ramp in airport,