Paradoxical Definition, Meaning And Examples
You have to spend money to earn money. “This is a paradoxical statement used by people in the business, and it seems that there are two opposite things against each other, but if you think about it, then it is really true.
Paradoxical is an adjective that describes a paradox, something that is not understood with some sense. Its Greek roots translate into “opposite opinion”, and when two different ideas collide in a statement or action, then it is paradoxical. In Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet”, Hamlet’s mother marries the man who killed Hamlet’s father, but he does not know him. Since Hamlet plots to kill the killer to protect his mother, then this paradoxical phrase says: “I should be kind.”
Definitions of Paradoxical
It appears that is contradictory but still true
“It is paradoxical that it is more tedious than standing”
Usage Examples of Paradoxical
1. Still, Seleste’s gift is a paradoxical one: it is sympathetic but impersonal, a connection that is the subject of impulse and desire, and it is subject to the same instability, instability; After all, everything remains about him.
2. Today’s Rome is a paradoxical place: Even many historic neighborhoods are largely in tourism parity, more vibrant and diversified in external districts.
3. Between that bright fire, the most overriding force on the field will occupy a paradoxical place: they will play defense.
4. It seems paradoxical, but artificiality is a welcome attraction among many old people.
1. A statement that contradicts itself but can still be true: Running contradiction is more tedious than walking.
2. A person, thing, or situation that exhibits fair or contradictory aspects: “The silence of midnight, in fact to speak, although clearly a paradox, running in my ears” (Mary Shelley).
3. A statement which is self-contradictory or logically volatile, although on the basis of valid deduction from the admissible premises.
Paradox (pӕrədoks) noun
A statement that contradicts itself but is still true. If your birthday is on February 29, then you can tell the contradiction that you are thirteen years old, although you only have three birthdays .
One thought on “Paradoxical Definition, Meaning And Examples”
you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you’ve done a wonderful job on this topic!