Clotrimoxazole : Uses, Side Effects And Interactions
Clotrimoxazole is used for the treatment, control, prevention, and the improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
• Bacterial infections
• Urinary tract infections
• Pneumonia of pneumonia in AIDS
• Clotrimoxazole can also be used for those purposes not listed here.
Clotrimoxazole Side Effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in cloturoxogenic drugs. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible but are not always there. Some side effects can be rare but serious. If you see any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away, consult your doctor.
• Katniss Reactions
• Skin rashes
• Clotrimoxazole side effects may not even be listed here.
Interaction with Clotrimoxazole
If you use it on other medicines or counter products at the same time, then the effects of Clotrimoxazole can change. This can increase your risk for side effects or your drug may not work properly. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements you are using, so that you can help doctors prevent or manage the interactions of medicines. Clotrimoxazole can interact with the following medicines and products:
• Oral contraceptives with estrogen
• Anti Folate
• Antidiabetic agent
• Bone marrow depressant
Do not Use Clotrimoxazole
Hypersensitivity to Clotrimoxazole is a contraindication. Additionally, Clotrimoxazole should not be used if you have the following conditions:
Clotrimoxazole – Frequently Asked Questions
• Is Clotrimoxazole safe to use when pregnant?
• Clotrimoxazole is safe during breastfeeding?
• Is it safe to operate or operate heavy machinery while using this product?
If you experience the effects of severeness, dizziness, hypotension or headache while using Clotrimoxazole medication, then it can not be safe to drive or run heavy machinery. When using the drug, the vehicle should not drive, you get sleepy, dizziness or your blood pressure drastically reduced. Pharmacists advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines because alcohol intensifies accelerate side effects. When using Clotrimoxazole, please check these effects on your body. Always consult your doctor for specific recommendations for your body and health conditions.
• Is this drug or product addictive or addictive?
Most drugs do not come with the possibility of addiction or misbehavior. Generally, the government classifies medicines which can be addictive in the form of controlled substances. Examples include schedules H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to ensure that the drug is not related to such special classification of medicines. Finally, do not self-medicate medicines without increasing doctor’s advice and increase the dependence of your body.
Can I stop using this product immediately or do I gradually reduce usage?
Due to rebound effects some medicines should be diluted or not immediately stopped. Please consult your doctor for specific recommendations for your body, health and other medicines which you can use.
Other important information on Clotrimoxazole
Missing of dose
If you miss the dose, use it as soon as you pay attention. If it is close to your next dose, leave missed dose and start your dosing schedule again. Do not use excess doses for missed dosage. If you are losing your dose regularly, ask to set an alarm or remind the family member to remind you. If you have missed a lot of doses recently, please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dose schedule to be ready for missed doses.
Overdose of Clotrimoxazole
• Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more medicine will not improve your symptoms; Rather they can cause toxic or serious side effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else may be more than Clotrimoxazole, please go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital or nursing home. Get a medicine box, container or label to help the doctors with the necessary information.
• Do not give your medicines to other people, even if you know that they have only one condition or they seem to have similar conditions. There may be more volume reduction.
• Please consult your doctor or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Clotrimoxazole
• Store medicines away from heat and direct light at room temperature. Do not freeze essential medicines until the package is included. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
• Do not flush the medicines under the toilet or put them in drainage unless instructed to do so. Drugs left in this way can contaminate the environment. For more information on how to safely remove Clotrimoxazole, Please consult your pharmacist or doctor.